GAS BOTTLE EXPLOSION IN KRIBI: FIRE RAVAGED TEN HOUSES AND MANY BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENTS

cameroondailyjournal.com|At the origin of this unusual fire, the explosion of a gas bottle following improper handling by the manager of a makeshift restaurant.

EXPLOSION OF A GAS BOTTLE IN KRIBI:FIRE RAVAGED TEN HOUSES AND MANY BUSINESS ESTALISHMENTS
EXPLOSION OF A GAS BOTTLE IN KRIBI:FIRE RAVAGED TEN HOUSES AND MANY BUSINESS ESTALISHMENTS

“He opened the gas bottle with the automatic plate and he was slamming a baton of matches. It did not take. But as he tried, the gas evaporated. And when the plate caught fire, it started to burn itself, the house then caught fire we tried to extinguish in vain, “says a witness of the scene.



The intervention of brave citizens in active solidarity thanks to sand, banana trunks and water has made it possible to contain the spread of the flames, despite the enormous damage caused in a very short space of time.

The balance sheet is heavy: a dozen houses in the neighborhood go up in smoke as well as commercial establishments. In the register of loss of life the meter marks one death and several serious injuries transported to the Kribi District Hospital.

This other fire that occurs in the seaside town of Kribi in the space of a month poses really and concretely the problem of the absolute necessity of a unit of firefighters in this city.




Loading…

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here